Forgive Us, Oh Father!
Forgive Us, Oh Father! is a farce about Stephen-Peter, an incredibly lazy priest who unexpectedly ends up in purgatory. As he recalls the confessions he has taken, and the advice he has given, the archangels need to decide whether he ends up in heaven or hell.
Forgive Us, Oh Father! (former title: Confessions) is an original story. Book, music and lyrics are written in collaboration with Harry Style. After a production in Leeds in the autumn of 2016, the show played at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2017.
- Cast size: 10 pax
- 3 males (playing age main character: mid 50s’, other characters: 1 x mid 40’s, 1 x mid 20’s)
- 3 females (playing ages: 1 x mid 40’s, 1 x early 20’s, 1 x late 10’s)
- 4 undefined (preferred split 3 female, 1 male, but flexible, playing ages undefined)
- Band size: 4-6 (orchestration available for 9 pax band)
- 11 original songs
- Suitable for prosc arch, thrust and traverse productions
- Running time: 60 minutes
With a well-written plot and characters, Harry Style and Arnoud Breitbarth are definitely on to a winner here. The plot arcs completed perfectly, and unpredictably, which is more often than not an issue in new writing. I had the song stuck in my head for the next couple of days.